Escape and Unwind - Vineyards near the Gold Coast
There is far more to the Gold Coast than just theme parks. If you want to escape from it all and unwind in beautiful surroundings, why not take a look at some of the wineries in the area? The Gold Coast boasts a number of vineyards that offer wine tasting and tours, great food and the opportunity to while away an afternoon in a stunning setting.There are a number of food and wine trails around the scenic rim just+ Read More
There is far more to the Gold Coast than just theme parks. If you want to escape from it all and unwind in beautiful surroundings, why not take a look at some of the wineries in the area? The Gold Coast boasts a number of vineyards that offer wine tasting and tours, great food and the opportunity to while away an afternoon in a stunning setting.
There are a number of food and wine trails around the scenic rim just outside the Gold Coast, which give visitors the opportunity to experience the best that the area has to offer. You can choose to hire a car and explore yourself, or if you want to be able to enjoy yourself without having to worry about over indulging and driving, why not book an organised tour?
Some of the most popular wineries in the area include:
• Albert River Wines in Tambourine. This boutique winery offers a restaurant and cellar door tastings along with a wedding chapel. Set among panoramic views of Tambourine Mountain, Albert River Wines offers an award-winning winery experience.
• Barney Creek Vineyard. Set in a remote location yet easily accessible and only 90 minutes from the Gold Coast, this stunning vineyard promises relaxation and indulgence. This vineyard offers wine tasting and a relaxing lakeside setting.
• Thumm Estate is a winery that offers wine tasting, meals and coffee for visitors.
• The Cedar Creek Estate is located in Mount Tambourine and has wine tours, tasting and food. There is also an art gallery on the estate with works from local artists showing local scenes. Keep the family entertained by visiting the nearby glow worm caves.
• Mount Tambourine Winery is an award-winning boutique winery. The first in the area, this vineyard offers wine sales, tasting and fine dining.
• Heritage Estate is another winery located on Mount Tambourine, with wine tasting and sales in a stunning setting.
• Mount Nathan Winery is set in the Gold Coast in a stunning plantation setting. Offering a number of different wines as well as other produce, this vineyard provides tours as well as tasting for visitors to the area.
The Gold Coast is an ideal location for anyone who is looking for a chance to relax and explore the local wineries, while being close enough to experience the many other attractions that the area has to offer. Whatever your taste in wine and food you will be spoilt with all the choices on offer.
Why not stay in Surfers Paradise while you explore the region? Call us today to book a 1, 2 or 3 bedroom luxury apartment in the stunning Q1 Resort and Spa. Back to All Posts